BOCA RATON, Fla. – Senior right-handed pitcher Raymond Rosado (Brooklyn, N.Y.) tossed a season-high 6.0 innings on Tuesday afternoon with six strikeouts, but host Lynn University's pitching staff limited the Concordia College New York baseball team to one hit in a 6-2 setback
• Concordia falls to 1-7.
• Lynn improves to 12-6.
• Junior designated hitter Joseph Impeduglia (Staten Island, N.Y.) recorded the clippers lone hit with a home run, his second of the young season.
• Freshman right fielder Matt Rinaldi (Eastchester, N.Y.) went 0-3 with a walk, run scored and stolen base.
• Senior first baseman Andrew Medina (Brentwood, N.Y.) drew a pair of walks.
• Rosado allowed five runs while on the mound with two walks to go with his six strikeouts in the loss.
• For Lynn, Tom Archer went 3-4 while James Buckley went 2-4 with both going for extra bases with Alejandro Martinez hitting a home run. Zack Miednik earned the victory for the Fighting Knights after holding Concordia to two runs, one earned, with six strikeouts in 3.0 innings.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Martinez led off the bottom of the second with a home run, while a two-out triple for Anthony Sanabria with Connor McCormack on first base propelled Lynn to an early 2-0 lead.
• Back-to-back doubles from James Buckley and Archer to start the bottom of the second scored Buckley, with a Martinez sacrifice fly scoring Archer to extend the separation to 4-0.
• Beginning the top of the fourth with an Impeduglia homer, Concordia loaded the bases off a Fighting Knights' error and back-to-back walks with Rinaldi touching home plate on a double play to make it 4-2.
• Lynn added an insurance in the bottom of the fifth, getting Buckley on base with a one-out single and sending him home on a Shayne Fontanna groundout to make it 5-2.
• Leading off the bottom of the seventh with a single, the Fighting Knights slowly advanced Sanabria round the bases with a two-out Fontanna single sending him home and creating a 6-2 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia tallied one hit while the Fighting Knights had nine.
• The Clippers left five runners on base, Lynn stranded three.
• Lynn committed two errors.
The baseball team takes on Bloomfield College in non-conference play on Wednesday, Mar. 6.