BRONXVILLE, NY – Concordia will face Northeast-10 Conference (NE-10) opponent the University of Massachusetts at Lowell on Saturday. Tip-off at the Costello Athletic Center in Lowell, MA is set for 2pm. The River Hawks lead the all-time series 3-0 versus the Clippers since the 1994-95 season according to historical records.
CONCORDIA VS. MASS.-LOWELL
- The River Hawks won their first meeting 93-71 during the 1994-95 season.
- The last time Concordia and Mass.-Lowell met (Dec. 18, 2010), the River Hawks won 95-68 in Lowell, MA. Brandon Whitaker (Harlem, NY) led Concordia with 17 points while adding eight rebounds, four assists and a steal.
- All-Time Series Results:
|1994-95 Season:||Mass.-Lowell, 93-71|
|2000-01 Season:||Mass.-Lowell, 84-48|
|Dec. 18, 2010:||Mass.-Lowell, 95-68|
THE CONCORDIA COLLEGE CLIPPERS (5-6, 2-2 CACC)
- Concordia was picked to finish 6th out of 7 in the CACC North Division preseason poll.
- The Clippers previously fell to Bentley, 86-64, on Dec. 30th.
- Junior Argelix Gil (Brooklyn, NY) led Concordia with 19 points on 8-of-19 shooting from the field while adding eight rebounds, four steals, two assists and a block.
- Gil leads the team in points per game (19.1) and rebounds per game (10.6).
- This is the last non-conference game for Concordia.
THE UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AT LOWELL RIVER HAWKS (6-4, 3-4 NE-10)
- Mass.-Lowell was picked to finish 1st out of 16 in the NE-10 preseason poll.
- The River Hawks recently fell to Franklin Pierce, 86-80 on Dec. 10th.
- Junior Matt Welch scored a season-high 22 points and eight rebounds while shooting 8-of-14 from the field and 6-of-10 from behind the three-point line.
- Sophomore Akeem Williams leads the team averaging 18.9 points per game.
- Four players for the Falcons average over 10 points per game.