BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York men's basketball team hosted Felician University on Tuesday afternoon, managing to turn a 17-point first-half deficit against the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) rival into a one-point second-half lead behind a 27-9 stretch but could not defend the advantage as the visiting Golden Falcons claimed a 75-62 victory.
• Concordia improves to 4-10, 1-4 in CACC play.
• Felician improves to 4-8, 2-3 in league action.
• Redshirt senior guard Cedrick McFadden (Washington, D.C.) scored a team-best 16 points with three assists.
• Senior guard Michael Demello (White Plains, N.Y.) chipped in 12 points on 5-9 shooting to go with a team-leading five assists.
• Senior guard Jason Cethoute (Queens, N.Y.) pulled down a team-high seven rebounds on top of a season-best three steals.
• Sophomore forward Alex White Jr. (Middletown, Conn.) recorded a career-high four steals.
• For Felician, Zamir Wright scored 24 points while Rahsaan Williams recorded a double-double behind 21 points and 11 rebounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After exchanging the opening 18 points for a 9-9 standstill, Felician scored six-straight to take a 15-9 lead with 14:50 to go in the half.
• Concordia responded with an 8-4 stretch off baskets from White Jr., senior forward Stephen Milhaven (Port Washington, N.Y.) and sophomore guard Baron Goodridge (Bronx, N.Y.) to make it a one-possession game at 19-17, and kept it there after both sides connected on a basket before a 15-0 run for the visitors created a 36-19 score with 4:32 remaining in the half.
• The Clippers ended the half on a 10-2 run with McFadden, Goodridge and freshman forward Devon Sims (Centreville, Va.) all contributing to make it 38-29 at the intermission.
• After both sides connected on three pointers to begin the second half, Concordia used a 14-4 run with McFadden ending the spree on a three pointer to take a 46-45 advantage with 14:48 to go in the contest.
• Felician responded with a basket to reclaim the lead, and extended the separation to double-digits at 60-48 with 9:10 remaining.
• A junior guard Jesse Breeding (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) three pointer sparked an 11-4 rally to cut the gap to five at 64-59 with 3:44 to play, but a 7-0 retort by the Golden Falcons made it 71-59 with 1:26 remaining.
• Felician outscored Concordia 4-3 down the stretch to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• The Clippers converted on 24-72 shots, going 9-29 from three-point territory and 5-8 from the free throw line.
• Felician finished 26-56 from the field, 6-18 from distance and 17-21 from the free throw line.
• Concordia recorded 14 assists while Felician boasted 20.
• Felician held a 47-33 advantage in rebounds.
• Concordia had 13 turnovers, resulting in 12 points for Felician. The Golden Falcons had 22 turnovers, leading to 22 Clippers' points.
• Concordia' bench scored 20 points while the visitors got seven from its bench.
• Concordia recorded a season-high 12 steals with one block while Felician stole the ball seven times with three blocks.
The men's basketball team hosts Wilmington University (Del.) in CACC action on Saturday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m.