BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The reigning Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Champions and preseason-favorites No. 20 Concordia College New York men's tennis team began its title defense on Saturday afternoon, defeating visiting Jefferson University 7-0 in the Clippers' conference opener.
• Concordia improves to 6-3.
• Jefferson falls to 3-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Jefferson forfeited the third doubles court.
• Sophomore William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) and freshman Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines) prevailed in a back-and-forth match at the top doubles court 7-5 over Liviu Trifoi and Odissey Kavak.
• Jefferson forfeited courts five and six in singles action, moving the Clippers to a 3-0 overall lead.
• Sophomore Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Israel) held Machuzak with a game won in the opening set on court three, taking the contest 6-0, 6-1.
• Sophomore Henry Masters (Northampton, England) outlasted Kavak 6-3, 6-2 at the second position.
• Senior Eymeric Chevalier (Bordeux, France) bested Trifoi 6-2, 6-2 at the top slot.
• Senior Lars Olson (Chatham, N.Y.) ended the afternoon with a 6-1, 6-0 triumph over Riccio at the fourth flight.
The men's tennis team travels to Post University on Wednesday, Mar. 20 for a 3:00 p.m. match.