BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The No. 44 Concordia College New York men's tennis team hosted the University of the Sciences on Saturday afternoon, besting the visiting Devils 6-2 on all three doubles courts before four straight-set sweeps and a pair of pro-set triumphs completed the 7-0 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) victory.
• Concordia improves to 8-3, 3-0 in league action.
• USciences falls to 2-5, 0-2 in conference play
• Sophomore Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) and freshman Maximilian Grundmann (Schwerte, Germany), teaming up for the first time since debuting in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) National Doubles Poll at No. 42, bested Borna Novak and Evan Halperin 6-2 on court three.
• Recently added to the ITA National Singles Poll, 43rd-ranked Nilsson defeated Kosiorowski 6-3, 6-0 at the second singles position.
• Masters outlasted Novak in the opening frame 6-4 before a 6-1 second set.
• Chevalier clinched the match decision behind a 6-2, 6-3 victory over Markusic at the first slot.
• Freshman Nicolas Sitaras (Somers, N.Y.) swept Chamala in a pro-set 8-0 at the sixth flight.
• Godfrey Seno bested Nguyen in back-to-back 6-1 sets on court four.
• Senior Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Isreal) prevailed in a pro-set 8-4 over Chandragiri at the fifth position.
The men's tennis team concludes the first leg of the double round robin conference schedule on Tuesday, Mar. 26 at Chestnut Hill in a 3:30 p.m. match.