BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The No. 27 Concordia College New York men's tennis team concluded its 2018-19 regular-season slate on Tuesday afternoon against the New York Institute of Technology, sweeping doubles play before winning five-straight singles matches for a 6-1 victory.
• Concordia improves to 17-3.
• NYIT falls to 9-10.
• Leading 4-3 in the opening set at the top singles position, Chevalier received a victory by retirement against Nicholas Castaldo.
• Nilsson cruised to a 6-1, 6-2 triumph over Fernandez at the third flight.
• Freshman Maximilian Grundmann (Schwerte, Germany) won a 6-3, 6-2 contest against Huyn at the fifth slot.
• Godfrey Seno prevailed against Espiniella 6-3, 6-4 on court four.
• Masters recovered from a 6-4 opening-set setback to Caldas at the two spot with a 6-3 second set triumph before taking the tiebreaker game 10-4.
• Sophomore Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Isreal) dropped a competitive 7-5 opening set against Guillen at the sixth spot before falling in the second frame 6-0.
The men's tennis team awaits its seeding in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) National Championships, with the regional rounds set to begin on Saturday, May 11 at sites to be determined.