ORLANDO, Fla. – The Concordia College New York women's tennis team began its spring docket on Monday afternoon, defeating Minnesota State Mankato 7-0.
• Concordia improves to 12-3.
• Minn. State falls to 5-7.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Kristel Kalm (Stockholm, Sweden) and sophomore Franziska Putschbach (Moenchweiler, Germany) performed a clean 6-0 sweep of Tyanna Washa and Camila Ojeda at the second doubles flight.
• Putschbach routed Bresnahan, 6-0, 6-0, on court five in singles play.
• Torres Martin cruised to a 6-0, 6-0 victory against Washa at the third position.
• Mrewa extended her winning streak in singles action to 11 matches behind a 6-0, 6-0 sweep of Ojeda at the fourth slot.
• Sta Cruz bested Goth 6-1, 6-0 on court six.
• Karlsson Hantzis defeated Streeter 6-2, 6-2 at the top flight.
• Kalm held on in the opening set at the second position 7-6 before a 6-0 second set ended the match..
The women's tennis team continues its spring break docket on Tuesday, Mar. 5 against the University of Findlay with first serve scheduled for 11:30 a.m.