BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York team hosted Division III's Brooklyn College in an interdivisional match on Friday afternoon, claiming the doubles point behind a pair of 6-1 decisions and one 6-0 triumph before five straight-set sweeps and one pro-set win completed the 7-0 victory.
• Concordia improves to 14-6 overall.
• Brooklyn College falls to 15-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Tadi Mrewa (East London, South Africa) and sophomore Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) defeated their Brooklyn College counterparts Shannel Johnson and Elizabeth Meshkalova 6-0 on the third doubles court.
• The duo of sophomores Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) prevailed in their first match since debuting in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) National Doubles poll, outlasting Levgeniia Kostenko and Tamila Latif-Zade 6-1.
• Karlsson Hantzis opened up singles play with a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Kostenko at the top slot.
• Torres Martin bested Aksanov 6-3, 6-2 on the third court.
• Trailing late in both sets, Kalm rallied in each frame to defeat Latif-Zade 7-5, 6-4 at the second flight.
• Mrewa cruised to a 6-0, 6-0 triumph over Berlose at the fourth position.
• Putschbach won back-to-back 6-0 sets on court five against Johnson.
• Sta Cruz ended the match with an 8-0 decision over Meshkalova.
The women's tennis team hosts St. Thomas Aquinas College in the Clippers' final home match of the season on Thursday, April 11 at 3 p.m.