LAKE WORTH, Fla. – Sophomore second baseman Jake Partridge (Bardonia, N.Y.) recorded a career-high three steals, swiping the Concordia College New York baseball team's opening run on Wednesday afternoon, adding a pair of hits and one more run to lead the Clippers past Bloomfield College 9-4 in non-conference action.
• Concordia improves to 2-7.
• Bloomfield falls to 0-4.
• Freshman right fielder Matt Rinaldi went 2-5 with two RBI and a run scored.
• Sophomore designated hitter Hermes Abreu (Bayshore, N.Y.) went 1-2 with two RBI and a walk.
• Senior shortstop Tyler Epple (Levittown, N.Y.) went 1-1 at the plate with three walks, one RBI and one run scored.
• Sophomore catcher Josh Corredor (St. Cloud, N.Y.) went 1-4 with two runs scored and a RBI.
• Junior first baseman Joseph Impeduglia (Staten Island, N.Y.) went 1-4 with a RBI and run scored.
• Freshman right-handed pitcher Logan Vallias (East Northport, N.Y.) allowed one run off four hits over 6.0 innings with seven strikeouts in his first collegiate win.
• For Bloomfield, Khalid Legette went 2-3 with three runs scored and two walks while Darwin Tavarez went 2-4 with two RBI.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Beginning the contest with a base on balls, Legette scored the opening run of the contest off a Tavarez double to give Bloomfield an early 1-0 lead.
• Concordia evened the score in the bottom of the first, capitalizing on a Bears' error to get Partridge on base with the senior stealing home to make it 1-1
• Junior second baseman Kendell Luquis (New Rochelle, N.Y.) began the bottom of third with a single, giving the Clippers the lead off an Impeduglia single. Corredor sent sophomore center fielder Nick Vlahakis (Oceanside, N.Y.) home with a base hit, while a Rinaldi double and RBI from Abreau platted Epple, Impeduglia and Corredor to create a 6-1 advantage.
• Epple sent Luquis home in the bottom of the fourth off a two-out single to extend the separation to 7-1.
• Bloomfield began the top of the seventh with a double and single back-to-back, scoring Legette to make it 7-2.
• Concordia got Corredor and Rinaldi on base with no outs in the bottom of the seventh via a hit by pitch and single, with a sacrifice fly from Abreu and senior left fielder Jaylin Martinez (Paramus, N.J.) single platting the two Clippers and creating a 9-2 lead.
• The Bears tried to stage a ninth-inning rally, scoring a pair of unearned runs with two outs, but junior RHP Connor Stapleton (Staten Island, N.Y.) ended the contest with a strikeout.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia tallied 11 hit while the Bears had six.
• Both sides left nine runners on base.
• Both sides committed two errors.
The baseball team takes Queens College (N.Y.) and Southern Connecticut State University in a doubleheader on Friday, Mar. 8 starting at 11 a.m.