BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Facing an 11-point deficit with just over four minutes remaining in its Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) North Division contest on Wednesday evening, the Concordia College New York men's basketball team rallied and cut Bloomfield College's lead all the way down to two with 1:22 left to play but the Clippers could not get any closer as the visitors held on in a 90-83 setback.
• Concordia drops to 8-12, 5-6 in CACC play.
• Bloomfield improves to 11-9, 9-2 in league action.
• Redshirt senior guard Cedrick McFadden (Port Washington, N.Y.) scored 20 points with six assists and two steals.
• Sophomore forward Alex White Jr. (Middletown, Conn.) recorded his third double-double of the season behind 13 rebounds and 10 points while adding three blocks and two steals.
• Senior guard Jayson Cethoute (Queens, N.Y.) chipped in 16 points on 6-10 shooting.
• Sophomore guard Baron Goodridge (Bronx, N.Y.) scored 15 points off the bench.
• Senior forward Stephen Milhaven (Port Washington, N.Y.) fell one rebound shy of a double-double with 12 points and nine rebounds,
• For Bloomfield, Keith Washington scored 31 points with five assists while Kavione Green tallied 19 points and 12 rebounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Bloomfield scored the opening basket of the contest, but a quick 8-3 run for Concordia created an 8-5 lead with 18:25 remaining in the half.
• The Bears evened the score at 21-all, taking the lead at 24-21 with 12:04 to go in the half off an and-one play.
• A Cethoute layup sparked a 7-0 run for the Clippers to put the host ahead 28-24, but a 5-2 stretch for the BC made it a one-point contest at 30-29 with 7:41 left in the half.
• The Clippers responded with a three-pointer and jump shot from Goodridge to create separation, and held onto the lead until a late 6-0 stretch propelled Bloomfield to a 43-42 advantage.
• Bloomfield added a triple to its run, while a Milhaven jumper in the final seconds made it 46-42 at halftime.
• White Jr. responded to a pair of BC free throws with a three pointer to make it 48-47 early in the second half, but an 8-3 stretch in favor of the Bears extended the separation to 56-50 with 16:40 to play.
• Milhaven cut the deficit in half via a triple, with Concordia knotting the score at 63-63 off a McFadden layup before a Goodridge layup pushed the Clippers ahead 65-63 with 11:49 to play.
• BC reclaimed the lead off a three pointer, with the Clippers pulling ahead 69-67 before a 9-0 Bears' run created a 76-69 score with 6:39 to play.
• Concordia ended the run with a McFadden jumper, but back-to-back triples for Bloomfield extended the separation to a game-high 11 at 82-71 with 4:18 remaining.
• A senior guard Michael Demello (White Plains, N.Y.) three pointer sparked a 12-3 rally that cut the deficit to two at 83-85 with 1:22 to play, but the Bears kept Concordia without another basket while adding a layup and three pointer to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• The Clippers converted on 32-77 shots, going 11-32 from three-point territory and 8-12 from the free throw line.
• Bloomfield finished 32-66 from the field, 14-33 from distance and 12-17 from the free throw line.
• Concordia recorded 17 assists while Bloomfield had 19.
• Concordia held a 50-34 advantage in rebounds.
• Concordia had 19 turnovers, resulting in 17 points Bloomfield. BC had 16 turnovers, leading to 17 Clippers' points.
• Concordia' bench scored 22 points while the visitors got nine from its bench.
• Concordia recorded eight steals with four blocks while Bloomfield stole the ball eight times with eight blocks.
The men's basketball team treks to Holy Family University on Saturday, Feb. 2 for a 3 p.m. CACC tilt.