RUTHERFORD, N.J. –Senior forward Jesse Breeding (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) led the Concordia College New York men's basketball at Felician University behind a career-high 18 points, with freshman guard Chauncey Sterling (Wilingboro, N.J.) rewriting his personal records in a 87-80 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) setback.
• Concordia falls to 1-10, 0-2 in league play.
• Felician improves to 4-5, 2-1 in CACC action.
• Breeding added seven rebounds and two blocks to his personal-best points total.
• Sophomore forward Devon Sims (Centreville, Va.) recorded a team-high seven rebounds, five assists and two steals to go with 16 points.
• Sterling logged 13 points, four rebounds and three assists which are all career highs.
• Freshman forward Dan Porcic (Putnam, Conn.) scored 13 points off four triples and one free throw.
• For Felician, Jeff Lewis scored 22 points while Dee-End McRae pulled down 12 rebounds and Nas Amps logged five assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Concordia scored the initial point of the contes via a free throw before an 8-0 run by the host made it 8-1 with 18:15 remaining in the first half.
• The Clippers ended the run off a senior guard Brandon Fields' (Washington, D.C.) jumper, with the two sides splitting the ensuing eight points to maintain the five-point separation before a Golden Falcons' layup and triple back-to-back created a double-digit deficit at 17-7 with 14:02 remaining in the half.
• Felician pushed the lead up to 12 at 28-16 behind back-to-back layups, with neither side connecting on consecutive baskets until a 5-0 Concordia run made it 30-23 with 7:22 left in the half.
• The host recreated its double-digit advantage off back-to-back baskets, sparking a 10-0 run by Felician before an 8-0 retort the Clippers made it 40-31 with 2:11 remaining in the half.
• Breeding scored three points for Concordia over the final 90 seconds of the first half, while Felician added a pair of free throws and jump shot during the span to create a 44-34 halftime score.
• Felician scored the opening basket of the second half, but a 7-0 response by Concordia made it 46-41 with 17:40 remaining in the game.
• Concordia used an 8-1 run to make it a one-possession contest at 51-48, but back-to-back baskets made it 55-48 with 14:36 left to play.
• Back-to-back baskets from Sterling brought the deficit back down to three at 55-52, while a Porcic triple in response to a Felician basket made it a two-point contest at 57-55 with 13:30 remaining.
• After exchanging the ensuing 20 points to maintain the two-point separation, Felician scored back-to-back baskets to pull ahead 73-67 with 8:05 left to play.
• Felician pushed the deficit back up to eight at 77-69, but an 8-2 response by Concordia cut it back down to two at 79-77 with 3:45 remaining.
• The Golden Falcons held Concordia to three points for the duration of the contest, adding eight points to its total to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• The Clippers converted on 28-72 shots, going 8-31 from three-point territory and 16-19 from the free throw line.
• Felician finished 38-68 from the field, 4-19 from distance and 7-13 from the free throw line.
• Concordia recorded 12 assists while Felician had 20.
• Felician held a 41-34 advantage in rebounds.
• Concordia committed 15 turnovers, resulting in 17 points for the Golden Falcons. Felician had 18 turnovers, leading to 15 points.
• Concordia' bench scored 18 points while the host got 26 from its bench.
• Concordia recorded six steals with four blocks while Felician stole the ball five times with two blocks.
The men's basketball team hosts Post University on Saturday, Dec. 21 with tip-off slatted for 3 p.m.