SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Sophomore Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) matched his season-low on Thursday afternoon with a 73 card during the opening round of the Mike Bello Spring Invite, tying for fifth individually and placing the Concordia College New York men's golf team second as a team with a 302 (+18) score.
• Laval University shot a 299 (+15) as a team to sit three strokes ahead of Concordia for the top spot.
• The Clippers sit ahead of fellow Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) programs Dominican College (N.Y.), Felician University and Goldey-Beacom College who recorded rounds of 306 (+22), 317 (+33) and 319 (+35).
• Jonathan Petrin from host Le Moyne College and Assumption College's Andrew Aanzaro and Ryan Fillabrown all shot par at 71 to tie for first.
HOW IT HAPPENED (DOUBLES)
• Park used four birdies over the opening 18 holes to end the first round two-over par and tied for fifth.
• Freshman Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) sits just outside the top-10 of the individual leaderboard with a 75 (+4) score that ties for 11th.
• Junior Tyler Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) recorded a 76 (+5) card in the opening round to tie for 16th.
• Senior Kanoon Bunthanawong (Chonburi, Thailand) fired a 78 (+7) outing in the opening round to tie for 27th.
• Sophomore Santiago Luna (Bogota, Columbia) ended the first round tied for 27th with a 78 (+7) score.
Concordia continues play at the Mike Bello Spring Invite on Friday, April 12.