CONCORD, N.H. – Freshman Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) shot a career-best 71 (-1) during the opening round of the Penmen Spring Invite on Friday, leading the Concordia College New York men's golf team to a fifth-place standing behind a 300 (+12) team score after day one.
• The Penmen Spring Invitational features 68 participants from 11 programs.
• Franklin Pierce University sits atop the field with a 289 (+1) team score after the opening round.
• Ryan Rucinski, MAtt Paradis, Sam Myers, Jonathan Petrin and Enrique Valverde all recorded a 70 (-2) score to tie for first individually.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Goodman matched the lowest 18-round score by a Clipper this season to tie for sixth and sit one stroke back of the leader.
• Senior Kanoon Bunthanawong (Chonburi, Thailand) recorded a 74 (+2) card to tie for 17th.
• Senior Evan Hong (Houston, Texas) used a 77 (+5) opening round-outing to tie for 34th.
• Junior Tyler Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) sits in a tie for 39th after shooting 78 (+6) over the opening 18 holes.
• Sophomore Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) fired an 80 (+8) in the first round to tie for 50th.
Play in the Penmen Spring Invitational continues on Saturday, April 20.