GREENSBURG, Pa. – Sophomore Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) paced the Concordia College New York men's golf team in the opening round of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Atlantic/East Super Regional on Thursday afternoon, shooting a 74 (+2) to sit one stroke out of the top-10 within the individual leaderboard while the Clippers hold a 312 (+21) team score to place 14th after round one.
• The Atlantic/East Super Regional features 20 programs and 107 individuals
• Fellow Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) member Wilmington University (Del.) sits atop the team leaderboard with a 296 (+8) mark while Matt Paradis shot a 67 (-5) for the lowest score individually.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Park shot par over the opening nine holes and two-over on the back-nine to tie for 11th after round one.
• Senior Evan Hong (Houston, Texas) recovered from a seven-over par start to the opening round with a two-under par over the final nine holes for a 77 (+5) card that ties for 37th.
• Junior Tyler Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) recorded a 77 (+5) opening-round mark to tie for 37th.
• Freshman Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) tallied an 84 (+12) for the day to tie for 94th.
• Senior Kanoon Bunthanawong (Chonburi, Thailand) recorded an 86 (+14) card on day one to tie for 100th.
Play at the NCAA Atlantic/East Super Regional continues on Friday, May 10.