GREENSBURG, Pa. – Senior Kanoon Bunthanawong (Chonburi, Thailand) and freshman Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) both shaved five strokes off their scores during the second round of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II Men's Golf Atlantic/East Super Regional on Friday, with Concordia College New York maintaining its 14th-place standing in the team leaderboard after shooting 314 (+26) as a team with a 626 (+50) cumulative score heading into the final round.
• The Atlantic/East Super Regional features 20 programs and 107 individuals
• Bentley University sits atop the team leaderboard with a 598 (+22) overall score, while Matt Paradis defended his top position individually with a cumulative mark of 137 (-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) shot a 76 (+4) for round to for a 150 (+6) cumulative card that ties for 13th
• Junior Tyler Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) fired a 78 (+6) for round to sit tied for 38th after day two with a 155 (+11) mark.
• Goodman stumbled during the front nine on Saturday with a six-over par mark, going one-over with a pair of birdies on back-nine for a 79 (+7) card while amassing a 163 (+19) cumulative score that ties for 90th.
• Bunthanawong recorded a pair of birdies but shot three-over par on the final two holes to finish the day with an 81 (+9) card for a 167 (+23) cumulative score that ties for 91st.
• Senior Evan Hong (Houston, Texas) tallied an 83 (+11) during round two to sit tied for 72nd overall with a 160 (+16) score.
Play at the NCAA Atlantic/East Super Regional concludes on Saturday, May 11.