PETERSBURG, Va. – Freshman Li Su (Melbourne, Australia) used a personal-low 18-hole score during the final round of the Griffin Invitational on Tuesday afternoon to establish a new 54-hole low, with the Concordia College New York men's golf team ending play seventh behind a 894 (+39) team mark.
• The Griffin Invitational features 71 participants from 12 programs.
• Palm Beach Atlantic sits atop the team leaderboard with a 852 (-12) score, with the Sailfish's Martin Westelund leading the individual scoreboard behind a 203 (-13) score.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) shot a 77 (+5) in the final round to end play with a 217 (+5) score that tied for 12th
• Sophomore Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) fired a 75 (+3) to finish in a tie for 25th with a 222 (+6) tally.
• Su shot a personal-best 72 (E) in the final round to wrap up the event with a 225 (+9) score that tied for 35th.
• Sophomore Santiago Luna (Bogotoa, Columbia) shot a 77 (+5) on the final day to tie for 54th behind a 234 (+18) final tally.
• Sophomore Kieran McMullen (Castle Pines, Colo.) shot a 80 (+8) in the final round for a 241 (+25) final mark which placed 65th.
The Clippers begin play in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Championship on Sunday, Oct. 6 with play continuing through Tuesday, Oct. 8