HAWORTH, N.J. – Led by junior Santiago Luna (Bogota, Columbia), who used a strong back-nine in the opening round of the 2019 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Championship to sit in the top-10 in the individual leaderboard, the Concordia College New York men's golf team heads into the final round in sixth place with a team score of 319 (+31).
• The CACC Championship consists of 45 competitors from nine programs.
• Goldey-Beacom leads the team leaderboard behind a 298 (+10) score after the first round, with the Lightning's Pablo Saenz Avila sitting atop the individual leaderboard with a 70 (-2) card.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Luna shot par during the back-nine a for team-best 77 (+5) during the opening round that ties for ninth.
• Freshman Li Su (Melbourne, Australia) fired a 79 (+7) card to enter the final round tied for 16th.
• Sophomore Kieran McMullen (Castle Pines, Colo.) used a 79 (+7) first round mark to tie for 16th going into Tuesday's final round.
• Sophomore Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) ended the first round with an 84 (+12) tally to sit in a tie for 33rd.
• Freshman Carlos Riveras (Isla Margarita, Venezuela) shot an 86 (+14) in the opening round to tie for 38th.
Play at the CACC Championship concludes tomorrow.