BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York men's soccer scored an early goal against visiting Felician University on Wednesday afternoon and defended the advantage for the remainder of the match, maintaining its perfect Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) record in a 2-1 victory.
• Concordia improves to 5-2, 4-0 in CACC action.
• Felician falls to 2-6, 1-3 in league play.
• Sophomore forward Michael Lin (Hillsdale, N.J.) scored his second goal of the season, both at Holtdorf Soccer Field, off four shots with two on target.
• Junior forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) scored a goal while taking a team-high six shots with four on frame.
• Junior forward Nemanja Zivanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) registered an assist.
• Junior keeper Mikael Varin (Toulouse, France) stopped one shot in the victory.
• For Felician, Diego Duffort scored a goal with Dean Wright recording an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Lin got the rebound from Zivanovic's shot attempt in the 6th minute and fired the ball into the goal to give the Clippers an early lead.
• Lin drew a foul inside the box in the 51st minute, with Limani connecting on the ensuing penalty kick to create a 2-0 advantage.
• Felician cut the lead in half with a score from Duffort in the 59th minute
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 21 shots with nine on target, Felician took six with two on goal.
• Concordia held an 8-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received three cautions, Felician got two.
The Clippers host Chestnut Hill College on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 2:30 p.m.