BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York men's soccer team went into halftime of Saturday afternoon's Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match with a 1-0 lead after junior forward Nemanja Zivanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) scored a goal late in the half, but a pair of scores from Goldey-Beacom College in the second half lifted the visitors to a 2-1 decision.
• Concordia falls to 6-5 overall, 5-3 in CACC play.
• Goldey-Beacom improves to 10-4, 7-1 in league action.
• Zivanovic's eighth goal of the year came off of five shots with three on frame.
• Junior forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) took five shots with two on goal.
• Junior keeper Mikael Varin (Toulouse, France) registered three saves.
• For Goldey-Beacom, Sergi Varona scored both goals with Ethan Maguire and Alejandro Sanchez both tallying one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Zivanovic capitalized on a Goldey-Beacom miscommunication in the 33rd minute to give the Clippers a 1-0 lead.
• Varona scored the equalizer goal in the 58th minute off a corner-kick cross from Maguire.
• Sanchez found Varona in the 66th minute to take a 2-1 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 18 shots with six on target, Goldey-Beacom took 24 with five on goal.
• Concordia held a 5-4 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received two cautions.
The men's soccer team hosts Caldwell University on Tuesday, Oct. 22 with kickoff slated for 2:30 p.m.