OLD WESTBURY, N.Y. – Junior forward Nemanja Zivanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) found the back of the net twice on Tuesday afternoon, entering him into the Concordia College New York men's soccer team's top-10 for single-season goals scored, with the Clippers falling at New York Tech 5-2.
• Concordia falls to 7-9 overall.
• New York Tech improves to 7-10.
• Zivanovic's 13 goals ties for the ninth-most goals scored by a Clipper in program history. His 30 points on the year is one away from cracking the top-10.
• Zivanovic took a team-high eight shots with four on goal.
• Senior forward Freddy Nava (Yonkers, N.Y.) took two shots, both on target.
• Sophomore keeper Christopher Kaev (Melbourne, Australia) stopped five shots in 84:45 minutes.
• For New York Tech, Alberto Alonso and Simon Peter Omooba each tallied a goal and assist with Diego Montes, Hatden Montes and Zelden St. Surin all adding one score while Xavi Senlik dished out one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Xavi Senlik found Diego Monts in the fifth minute to give New York Tech an early 1-0 lead.
• Zivanovic knotted the score at 1-all with a goal in the 10th minute.
• NYT reclaimed the one-goal lead in the 36th minute with Omooba finding Alonso.
• Omooba added to the separation in the 50th minute off a pass from Alonso to make it 3-1.
• Diaz connected on a penalty kick to push NYT ahead 4-1.
• Surin found the back of the net in the 72nd minute to boast a 5-1 advantage.
• Zivanovic scored his second goal of the contest in the 88th minute to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 18 shots with eight on target, New York Tech fired 20 with 10 on goal.
• Concordia held a 3-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received three cautions, New York Tech got one.
The men's soccer team treks to Molloy College on Thursday, Nov. 7 in the final contest of the 2019 regular season, with kickoff set for 7 p.m.