ORLANDO, Fla. – Sophomore Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) swept at the No. 20 Concordia College New York men's tennis team's top positions on Monday afternoon, earning his first collegiate victory at the top singles flight, leading the Clippers to a 7-0 victory over Assumption College.
• Concordia improves to 3-2.
• Assumption falls to 0-5.
• Senior Eymeric Chevalier (Bordeaux, France) and Fenoaltea, the seventh-ranked duo nationally, bested Max Francis and Reb Mariano 6-0 on court one.
• Sophomore William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) and freshman Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines) wrapped up doubles action with a 6-3 triumph over Brandon Sze and Jameson Keppelar at the second slot.
• Senior Lars Olson (Chatham, N.Y.) defeated Butkus 6-0, 6-1 on court six.
• Masters cruised to a 6-3, 6-1 decision over Mariano at the second flight.
• Freshman Nicolas Sitaras (Somers, N.Y.) bested Lawrence 6-1, 6-0 at the fifth position.
• Godfrey Seno remained undefeated in dual-match play with a 6-3, 6-1 triumph over Sze at the third slot.
• Fenoaltea, the seventh-ranked singles player, outlasted Francis on court one 6-0, 6-3.
• Sophomore Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Israel) swept Keppeler 6-1, 6-2 at the fourth spot.
The men's tennis team continues its spring break docket on Tuesday, Mar. 5 against the University of Findlay.