MIDDLEBURY, Conn. – The Concordia College New York men's tennis team traveled to Post University on Tuesday afternoon, with five Clippers prevailing in straight sets in singles play after a 7-6 decision completed a clean sweep in doubles of a 7-0 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) victory.
• Concordia improves to 7-3, 2-0 in league action.
• Post falls to 5-4, 0-1 in conference play
• Sophomore Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) and freshman Maximilian Grundmann (Schwerte, Germany) prevailed at the second doubles position in a 7-6 battle against Konstantin Belov and Alexandre Romeiu.
• Nilsson cruised to a 6-2, 6-0 victory at the third singles slot over Belov.
• Chevalier bested Kmeta at the top position 6-1, 6-0.
• Masters outlasted Urban 6-1, 6-1 at the fourth flight.
• Godfrey Seno won 6-2, 6-1 sets at the sixth position over Joe Alvord.
• After winning his opening set 6-1, Fenoaltea fended off a rally from Compress on court two in a 7-5 victory.
• Grundmann blanked Romieu on court five 6-0, but the Eagle forced a super tiebreaker behind a 6-4 second stanza with the freshman prevailing in tiebreaker to end the match.
The men's tennis team hosts the University of the Sciences in league play on Saturday, Mar. 23 with first serve scheduled for 12 p.m.