BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The No. 40 Concordia College New York men's tennis team began the second half of its double round Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) schedule on Wednesday afternoon against Post University, winning all six singles matches in straights after sweeping doubles play in a 7-0 victory.
• Concordia improves to 10-3, 5-0 in league action.
• Post falls to 9-5, 2-2 in conference play
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) and freshman Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines) returned to their winnings ways at the top doubles flight, besting Ivan Rajevac and Samuel Urban 6-1.
• Sophomore Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) and freshman Maximilian Grundmann (Schwerte, Germany), bested Alexandre Romieu, the reigning CACC Player and Rookie of the Week, and Konstantin Belov 6-4 at the third position.
• Nilsson recorded back-to-back 6-1 scores over Urban on the third singles court.
• Chevalier won consecutive 6-1 sets against Compress at the top position.
• Fenoaltea, the 22nd-ranked individual, outlasted Krneta at the second flight 6-2, 6-3.
• Masters defeated Romieu 6-2, 6-3 at the fifth slot.
• Godfrey Seno won 6-3, 6-1 against Belov on court four.
• Sophomore Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Israel) prevailed in a 7-5, 7-6 match against Rajavec at the sixth position.
The men's tennis team takes a hiatus from league play on Thursday, April 4 in a road match at St. Thomas Aquinas with first serve scheduled for 3 p.m.