BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – For the ninth time since joining the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC), the No. 28 Concordia College New York men's tennis team concluded its conference schedule with an undefeated record after defeating No. 50 Chestnut Hill College 7-0 on Wednesday afternoon for its ninth CACC Regular Season title.
• Concordia improves to 15-3, 8-0 in CACC play.
• Chestnut Hill falls to 16-5, 6-2 in league action.
• All-time, Concordia holds a 60-0 record in CACC matches.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• At the top doubles flight, sophomore William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) and freshman Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines) avenged their loss to defending CACC Player and Rookie of the Week Tom Pitchley and Erik Jorsal earlier this season with a 6-2 victory.
• Sophomore Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) and freshman Maximilian Grundmann (Schwerte, Germany), reentering the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) National Doubles Poll prior to the match at No. 48, won their 10th-straight contest as a pair in a 7-5 triumph over Kai Adler and Jesus Darias on court three.
• Senior Eymeric Chevalier (Bordeux, France) and sophomore Henry Masters (Southampton, England) completed the doubles sweep in a 7-6 battle against Antonie Gautier and Adam Gavin at the second position with the tiebreaker game ending 8-6.
• Nilsson prevailed in the opening set at the third singles position 7-5 against Gautier before his Chestnut Hill counterpart retired trailing 1-0 in set two.
• Masters posted back-to-back 6-3 scores over Darias on court two.
• 53rd-ranked Fenoaltea bested Pitchley at the top spot 6-3, 6-2.
• Godfrey Seno outlasted Jorsal at the fourth flight 6-2, 6-1.
• Grundmann overcame a late rally from Adler at the fifth slot in a 9-7 pro-set triumph.
• Senior Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Isreal) ended the match with a 9-7 pro-set victory against Gavin.
The men's tennis team gets a bye to the CACC Championship Finals, which Concordia College is hosting, on Saturday, April 27 with first serve scheduled for 12 p.m.