BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's soccer team hosted Dominican College (N.Y.) in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match on Thursday afternoon, falling to the visiting Chargers 1-0 with the lone goal of the contest coming in the final 10 minutes of play.
• Concordia falls to 1-4 overall, 1-3 in CACC play.
• Dominican improves to 1-5-1 with a 1-2-1 mark in league action.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) took a team-high three shots.
• Junior forward Sara Calvert (Apple Valley, Calif.) took two shots with the Clippers' lone attempt on target.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) recorded 12 saves with one goal allowed.
• For Dominican, Maria Cabrera scored the game-winning goal while Angelica Conteras stopped one shot.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Neither side found the back of the net in the opening 45 minutes, with Hellier stopping six attempts including four in the final six minutes of the half to keep the contest tied at 0-0.
• Calvert had a chance to get Concordia on the scoreboard in the 73rd minute, but her shot on a one-on-one with the keeper went wide.
• Cabrera drove the ball down the field in the 81st minute for Dominican, taking a shot that got past Hellier for the lone goal of the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded six shot, one on goal versus 20 with 13 on target for Dominican.
• Dominican held a 6-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received two cautions in the contests while Dominican received one.
The women's soccer team hosts Nyack on Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 3 p.m.