BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Freshman midfielder Leigh-Ann Ramsay (Bronx, N.Y.) scored her first goal in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play on Tuesday afternoon, with the Concordia College New York women's soccer team's defense holding its second-straight opponent at the Holtdorf Soccer Field without a goal in a 1-0 victory.
• Concordia falls to 3-4-1, 1-2-1 in CACC play.
• Felician drops to 1-5, 0-4 in league action.
• The Clippers have not allowed a goal in 200 minutes of play on its home turf.
• Ramsay's goal came off of nine shots, six on target.
• Sophomore forward Jimena Garcia-Risoto (Madrid, Spain) took three shots with two on frame.
• Freshman keeper Meagan Meuweisse (Beacom, N.Y.) stopped four shots in her first collegiate shutout.
• For Felician, Lindsey Riera took three shots with one on goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Ramsay pushed the ball down the field in the 40th, getting past the Golden Falcons' defenses and beating the keeper in a one-on-one to give the Clippers a 1-0 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 20 shots, nine on goal, versus nine with four on target for the host.
• Felician held a 7-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received two caution, Felician had three.
The women's soccer team remains at home to host Chestnut Hill College on Saturday, Oct. 5 with kickoff slated for 12 p.m .
For the latest on Concordia athletics, find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.