BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – In a season that has seen the Concordia College New York women's soccer team etch its name all over the program record book, the Clippers added another milestone on Saturday afternoon with the program's first victory over Wilmington University (Del.) in a 1-0 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) triumph.
• Concordia improves to 5-9-1, 3-7-1 in CACC play.
• Wilmington falls to 7-9-1, 6-5-1 in league action.
• It is the Clippers third shutout victory this season, the most in program history, with all three occurring at home.
• Senior midfielder Caitlin Ziemba (Assonet, Mass.) scored her first goal since her freshman campaign with three shots taken.
• Freshman defender Morganne Cartee (New Milford, Conn.) dished out her fourth assist of the season.
• Redshirt-sophomore keeper Sophia Cogan (Seal Beach, Calif.) stopped nine shots in her second shutout victory of the season.
• For Wilmington, Kasie Lambert took three shots with two on target.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Caretee sent a cross inside the box in the third minute of play, with Ziemba placing the ball in the goal to give Concordia an early 1-0 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took eight shots with one on target, Wilmington took 14 with nine on goal.
• Both sides took four corner kicks.
• Wilmington received one caution.
The Clippers conclude the 2019 regular season on Friday, Nov. 8 with a home contest against Caldwell University.