BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Fueled by a season-high .267 attack percentage on Tuesday evening, the Concordia College New York women's volleyball team defeated visiting Dominican College (N.Y.) 3-0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-13) in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play.
• Concordia improves to 3-4, 3-4 in CACC play.
• Dominican falls to 0-12, 0-6 in league action.
• Freshman middle blocker Madison Gardner (Oak Hills, Calif.) led the offense behind 12 kills on a .273 clip with one assisted block.
• Junior libero Nelly Diaz (Land O Lakes, Fla.) anchored the defense behind 13 digs.
• Sophomore right-side hitter Militza De Hostos (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) dished out a team-high 22 assists with one service ace and one assisted block.
• For Dominican, Malia Robinson registered six kills with three assisted blocks while Sara Hayward dished out 12 assists and Alicia Dennis had nine digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• With the first set tied 14-all, Concordia used a 4-0 run to pull ahead 18-14. Dominican cut the separation in half with back-to-back points, but the Clippers scored seven of the final nine points to take the opening set.
• Trailing early in the second frame 8-5, Concordia used a 5-0 rally to take a 10-8 lead. Dominican evened the score at 12-12, but another 5-0 spurt by the home side created separation at 17-12 with Concordia maintaining the lead for the remainder of the stanza.
• Concordia scored the openening two points of the third set and never trailed in the frame, leading by as many as 12 in the final stanza.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 41 kills on a .267 hitting percentage versus 24 on a .065 clip for Dominican.
• Concordia held a 46-30 advantage in digs.
• Concordia served five aces, the Chargers served one.
• Dominican registered two solo block with six assisted for five total while Concordia had four assisted for two total.
The Clippers travel to Holy Family on Saturday, Oct. 12 with first serve slatted for 12 p.m.