WILMINGTON, Del. – Behind a balanced attack with three members of the Concordia College New York women's volleyball team averaging two or more kills per set on Saturday afternoon, the Clippers cruised to a 3-0 (25-20, 25-15, 25-23) victory over Goldey-Beacom College to cap off a historic regular season for the team that will continue in the program's first-ever trip to the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Championship.
• Concordia improves to 9-12, 8-11 in CACC play.
• Goldey-Beacom falls to 5-23, 2-17 in league action.
• Junior libero Nelly Diaz (Land O Lakes, Fla.) ends the regular season with 429 digs, tied for the second-most by a Clipper in a season on record. Her 5.23 digs per set rate is on track to set the single-season record.
• Freshman middle blocker Madison Gardner (Oak Hills, Calif.) paced the offense behind nine kills on a .333 clip with one service and a pair of blocks.
• Freshman middle blocker Tanializ Rivera (Carolina, Puerto Rico) chipped in eight kills on a personal-best .533 hitting percentage.
• Freshman defensive specialist Lydimar Soto De Los Santos (Trujilo Alto, Puerto Rico) contributed 11 digs and eight kills.
• Sophomore setter Militza De Hostos (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) recorded her 14th double-double of the campaign behind 21 assists and 12 digs on top of four kills and two service aces.
• Diaz boasted 22 digs.
• Senior outside hitter Camila Rabassa (Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico) added one solo block with three assisted for four total.
• For Goldey-Beacom, Shayla Boyce logged 17 kills while Neyshilan Roman Conception tallied 24 digs and Autumn Spendlove dished out 30 assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Concordia used a 3-0 run after surrendering the opening point of the first set to take a 3-1 advantage and held onto the lead for the remainder of the frame, using a 5-0 run late in the stanza to create separation at 22-15.
• Trailing 9-7 early in the second set, Concordia used a 6-1 stretch to take a 13-10 lead. GBC responded with back-to-back points to get within one, but an equal response by the Clippers recreated the three-point separation at 15-12. Concordia kept the lead above two for the duration of stanza, ending the set on a 10-2 run.
• After splitting the initial 22 points of the third set Concordia scored three straight, and 10 of the ensuing 11, to create a double-digit lead at 22-12. The host rallied and cut the deficit to one at 24-23 before the Clippers ended the match.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 35 kills on a .207 hitting percentage versus 32 on a .076 clip for Goldey-Beacom.
• Concordia held a 68-57 advantage in digs
• Concordia served six aces, the host served eight.
• Concordia recorded two solo blocks with six assisted for five total while GBC tallied one solo with 10 assisted for six overall.
Entering the 2019 CACC Championship as the fourth seed from the North Division, the Clippers will face the top team from the South Division, either Holy Family University or Georgian Court University, in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m.